PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 10th Mar 2011, 08:40
Runway vacated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must say, BG, I think that is an extremely naive view of the situation.

Do you honestly think that, in years to come, with our competitors working to the newer, more commercially effective limits. there is not going to be a gradual ratchetting of your own rosters towards the EASA limits?

Either that, or you stick rigidly to your current limits (the BASSA "nyet" school of negotiation) and become so economically inefficient that you are all "encouraged" to find alternative employment as NF undergo exponential growth.

In either event, should these proposals become law, we are ALL, both pilots and cabin crew, into a whole world of hurt.

I really, really wish that I believed that BASSA's "laissez faire" approach was the result of a realistic analysis of the likelihood of these proposals becoming law, and the effect they would have on its' members. But, given their long history of blundering when anything requiring even a modicum of intelligent thought comes along, I am forced to conclude that it is due to incompetence and a lack of awareness.