PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 10th Mar 2011, 07:48
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

I would just like to make a point that some of you seem to be forgetting with regards to WW and E/F cabin crew.

We work to separate agreements to scheme which can only be altered with the agreement of our representatives (Bassa and Amicus at present). Although we work within scheme rules, sometimes our own agreements are more restrictive, such as how much rest we get after a flight and how many total hours we can work in a 5, 6 or 7 day period for example on E/F and days off after trips ( Minimum base turnarounds) for WW etc.

So unlike Mixed Fleet and our pilot colleagues who work to scheme rules, the only thing affecting WW and E/F crew will be the total number of hours per year of 900 at present and in the past there was no limit and we functioned fine then.

I have not been happy with Bassa's performance during this strike but I am sure they are aware of the changes of this legislation and have been looking at how this will affect cabin crew. They are not completely useless!

I have myself signed the offer and it specifically says that BA will honour my current working agreements and they will remain the same unless amended through negotiation.

Just my take on the situation, not the views of BA.