PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has ATSB gone totally mad?
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2011, 06:20
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is not illegal to do what what Jetstar did
GG,
Not quite what ATSB and Airbus think, is it, Airbus has been quite specific about the changes implemented by Jetstar not being approved by Airbus, Airbus certainly seem to think the have a say.

And CASA have said they knew nothing about the change.

My dear friend Bloggs,
Nowhere in my posts on this subject have I expressed a view (other than comments about certain statements in the CASA AOC Manual that are quite inappropriate in any regulatory or quasi regulatory document) other than the fact that there is a very serious legal disconnect, as I have already described.

And as has been supported by several poster, who understand the law, and its shortcomings.

As for "hating Australia" or whatever your words were, what a load of rubbish, but I have no time for those, here, who disparage what happens elsewhere, particularly the US, a country that has an air safety record head and shoulders above Australia.

We continually demonstrator that we do not know better than the rest of the known aviation universe ---- the safety outcomes are the best illustration of that demonstrable fact.

If we were halfway smart, we would be looking very closely at how and why the US produces a better air safety outcome, in each ICAO statistical category, than any other country, including Australia.

Even the oft quoted Australian claim that we have "never had a jet fatality" isn't quite true, but it sound good, just not really an ICAO statistical category.

Bloggs, I would doubt that even you would claim that we have the world's best aviation regulatory framework ---- or maybe you do think that??

Tootle pip!!