PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indian First Class Medicals for Expats
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2011, 03:19
weido_salt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"If perchance something more serious is found - well, it's best to take care of your health first."

We are all, each and everyone of us on "death row". Most of us will probably die of a heart attack or cancer, whether the DGCA/India Military like it or not. Shall we all tear our medical certificates up?? If health is such a huge issue for you, why don't you book yourself in for an exploratory operation, just to see if things are OK within your body?

Each and every expat, will hold a class one medical certificate, issued to prove he/she is fit to operate. Now the DGCA have decided all expat medicals are not worth the paper they are written on. What utter nonsense. I can understand and agree, pilots operating public transport single pilot operations need to be "looked at more closely" Multi crew operations there are at least 2 crew members on board who should be able to get that aircraft down safely, should the other crew member be incapacitated. Maybe in India a large percentage of F/O's are not capable of getting the aircraft down safely should the PIC be incapacitated. I believe this to be a fact. Not their fault as they are not allowed to practice getting the thing down. They even have Captains flying who cant even land the damned aircraft without bending it.

They have taken their eye off the ball. Too busy checking up on the expats and harassing them, now they cant even be sure if any of the local pilots haven't cheated when they were issued their licences! God I would wet my pants laughing if say 30% had cheated. What with that and kicking most of the expats out things would really grind to a Holt. The fact the DGCA have ordered 4000 licences to be checked means they haven't a clue who's cheated and who hasn't.

Last edited by weido_salt; 10th Mar 2011 at 03:36.