PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sex in the cockpit???
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2002, 08:20
Michele Smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sex in the cockpit???

Let me make it clear immediately that this isn't an invitation.

I would just like some opinions regarding a bizarre flight undertaken by my Step-daughter and her friend on sunday 1 September to Lefkas in Greece.

They were booked via their tour operator to fly with MD Airlines to Lefkas from Luton. Their flight was delayed due to technical difficulties and a replacement plane sent from Greece. I should make it clear at this point that my SD and her friend have no interest in aircraft and just get on, sit there and get off! The plane was Electra Airlines and even they said that 'it looked older than their grandmother' ( I have since found out it was a DC10). When they got on they said that the interior was really old and shabby, and that there was no allocated seating. during the safety demonstration the crew were pointing out the usual including the oxygen panel when my SD and other passengers realised that there was no overhead panel for oxygen but just gaping holes where they had been at some point.
The flight sounds like a nightmare - they said that they flew THROUGH a storm, with the plane being lit up and bounced around the sky so much that most of the passengers were in tears. There was no meal and just a drink of water. Although it was a non smoking flight the crew were smoking in full view of the passengers. On arrival at Lefkas they landed at the Islands airport which is a military base. They sat on the runway for 20 minutes and an announcement was made that they had not been given a parking space so would have to wait longer. The lady passenger sitting next to my daughter said that she had had enough and went up to the front of the plane to find out what was going on. There was just a curtain seperating hte flight deck from the cabin so she pulled that back to find the pilot shagging one of the stewardesses!!! She returned to her seat in a state of shock.

Does this sound acceptable (apart from the sex of course) to you pilots and are there safety implications here. I know that pilots are very protective of one another but if safety guidelines are being breeched what can be done about it.