PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Brookfield False Self Employment?
Old 9th Mar 2011, 14:17
skyloone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where are you resident.. You pays your tax!

Kirk

I think you've missed a couple of things. Not all contractors sole objective is to reduce all tax liability. Should you try this for long enough it'll come back to bite you. In this circumstance you have an individual who requires an income and a willing client. The contractor provides a service and charges accordingly. There is never a problem normally. However the rules within the Brookfield contracts and the way they are implemented are incompatible with IR35. Take the time to look at IR35 and some past judgements by the courts.

You mention that if you are UK based then that's where you pay tax. Well FR claim that you work in Ireland as you're aboard and Irish registered AC. So all the uk based guys working through Irish companies pay tax where?... Yes Ireland. However all the uk based Ryanair contract folk pay tax where? Yes UK!! Bingo my friend.... Same base, same rank, same roster, only a slight change in legal status or not... It's going to be fun!!! Brookfield guys, do yourselves a favour and make sure you are paying a reasonable amount of tax and have your ducks in a row. IF needs be, get IR to look at your status and ask where you stand. I know one chap who's had IR contact him about this Ireland deal.