PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New DXB tower/radar procedures - flightcrew please read
Old 9th Mar 2011, 04:49
Guy D'ageradar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Three wire

Thanks for your reply. As I said, although we are not experts, we do have some idea of performance differences and the problems they create. We are also aware of emirates' stabilisation criteria and the lack of leeway they give you.

Speaking as a radar bod, if there's one thing that comes out of this for us, it's that you guys LET US KNOW (BEFORE 6nm final!) if you can't fly the "normal" speeds - then we can vector accordingly, whilst still keeping the optimum landing rate and avoiding go-arounds.

One other knock-on effect of this change is that air arabia etc. can pretty much forget about opposite end departures / arrivals at SJ. With the tower guys now able to turn an aircraft, for example, going around from a 12L approach LEFT 30 degrees (pretty much straight at SJ) but having NO knowledge of SJ actual / pending traffic, I, for one, am not prepared to put my head on that particular chopping block. Now consider the possibilities of a simultaneous go around at SJ from an approach to 30 - not much "protection" of the overshoot, is there?

Air Arabia take note.

my 2 fils for today...