PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYR management tour bases
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2011, 22:08
ryanairpilotSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interested to hear your view on middle east.

I am Ryanair some time but was curious before xmas and decided to look around. Very many jobs around at this time - helps as I speak fluent German - although originally Irish. Anyway. Now have run myself ragged across the globe and have offers from EasyJet(contract 7 months), Emirates 777 (FO), Turkish (CP), Etihad (FO) short time to CU, Qatar CP on 320 with bond and CargoLux (seems best deal) as FO with 18 months time to CU. Deal apart from Cargolux are very similar - although family want to go to ME. Anyone have a real view on ABu Dhabi please?

Big problem for Ryanair now is that O'Leary seems to have started a fight with every country. Germany - staff taxes and travel taxes(and FR has never made an impact on that market), France - base closed in MRS Govt ran them out, Spain - rows in GRO, Alicante - said today may close, Canaries - said today may close, Italy - CIA row and being run out of country by staff taxes, UK - travel taxes and Ireland - well Govt just hate them. Bases have closed in MRS, SNN, (-5 aircraft), VLC - since reopened, GRO (-5 aircraft), BHD and KIR. So now where is safe?

I do not think there will be any switch to 5/3 but many of the contractors will do a runner in next 6 weeks. They are on a month off and they can escape their bond by doing a runner - just after they have a month off.

So should I stay or should I go. And what about Abu Dhabi anyone?