PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New DXB tower/radar procedures - flightcrew please read
Old 8th Mar 2011, 16:50
atiuta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the majority of controllers in Dubai do a BETTER job in their profession than the majority of EK pilots do in ours. Perhaps we should rotate our pilots somewhere instead? Oh we do...never mind. I agree, London is great. But then again, how far apart are the runways, how big is the airspace and they also aren't quite as "open skies" as we are...if you get my drift.

We need to get behind these controllers and support them as best we can, i.e. standard calls, give them the exact speed when & where they want it, minimise runway occupancy on line up etc.

To the controllers, there are just as many frustrated pilots, either in one of the seats or listening in on the airwaves. "Can we do 185 instead of 180", releasing the park brake only as the landing traffic passes by, the long blurb on first contact with director.

EK is one of the largest airlines in the world and TC attempts to squeeze us all into a relatively small piece of airspace at the same time. Great work given the resources you have and the straight jacket you wear. We know its not easy so thank you for the feedback on the new procedures.