PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is pilot job market picking up at all??
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2011, 12:21
cefey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KAG
Its a lot of BS out there on the internett, you should filter some out and not believe every single thing you read.

So, lets say oil will go up to 200$. According to you, NO ONE will fly then, am I right?
So, oil prices going up by 30%. Ticket prices will go up by... lets say 10% (oil is not only expenses of companies, so they dont affect prices alone).

Let me ask you a question. What would YOU do (and anyone reasonable) in that situation:
a) Loose some millions dollars, and then go bankrupt with company, you had for 10-20 years.
b) Increase ticket price with 5-10% (from 100 to 110$), have profit and continue making money?!

Now, you think passengers, that did fly with your airline (and not someone else) for last 5-10 years, will go to a different carrier, because of those 10$? I can guarantee you, no they would not (basic psychology, we do what we are used to).
And last, comanies have other ways to cut the bill down, by setting down pay-checks, cutting down on food, service and so on.

As I said, do not believe everything you read on internett. Way to much BS. Do some thinking on your own.

And just to top it off. Latest new from kingdom of Norway.
Norwegian had 12% more passengers in february, then in the last year.
SAS is increasing their prices by 5 euro (that makes it ≈4.5%), because of high oil prices.

Funny... they think the way I do, and choose to increase prices instead of going bankrupt...

Last edited by cefey; 8th Mar 2011 at 12:38.