PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is pilot job market picking up at all??
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2011, 09:58
PPRuNe Towers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glass half full types out and about I see.

I'd appreciate a quick explanation of why normal economic theory is being brushed under the carpet in this discussion.

Where's the increase in remuneration if there's an expanding market but supposed constricted labour supply?

I talk to the agencies several times a week - no significant pay shifts other than for deeply unpopular hardship postings. Lots of posts - yes. Constricted supply - it appears to be the very early stages - but even then the deals seem more about improving perceived quality of life without real bottom line costs - rotations and so on.

Experienced pilots will be along shortly to counter, rebut or confirm large pay increases for experienced people to trigger the trickle down effect you are hoping for.

I've been through several aviation cycles now and it's still a tunnel with a glimmer in the distance if pay isn't moving. I would suggest that pressure on terms is still downwards because we still have a disastrous northern hemisphere summer of uncrewed services to go before the bonus fed echelons with the spreadsheets are forced to react to the market.