PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What would you do?
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2011, 07:52
Rico 25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude-you are looking at becoming a commercial pilot in the worst period of aviation bar 9/11 and you still think it's gonna be OK?

I was one of the bush pilots in the Okovango Delta flying C206 s and had a great time but was kicked out the door when the boss started freaking about finances due to a 40% drop in bookings and let a few of us go.If you have money and a good job stay where you are! Even some of the Oxford and CTC graduates are having a hard time getting employed by the big boys. Like someone else said go out and enjoy your flying-get yourself a twin rating, go do aerobatics or else have a go at flying helicopters.

I now have to live with my parents and work at a local factory just to make ends meet-I haven't flown an aircraft for over 2 years now-yes I know sad story!

If I was in your shoes I would stay in your current job and fly in your spare time-if you're still desperate to become a commercial pilot then I would have another look in about 3-4 years and see what the situation is like.

Regards Rico