PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYR management tour bases
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2011, 22:52
maybepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got back from a dinner with my FR buddy and 3 of the many things (mostly negative) he told me just struck me!
He said there are Captains, both directly employed by FR or by a contracting agency, who make the same or even less than some F/Os who have an older and better contract with an agency.
He told the story of some crews whose base got either closed altogether or heavily reduced in size and who had a few days to move to other bases in a different country with no assistance nor support whatsoever from the company
He mentioned flying with a guy who after finishing his line training was given a base in the Canary Islands and had 4 days off before reporting for work there, the poor guy had to ship his car by ferry for 1500€ but that would take a couple of weeks so he had to rent a car in the meanwhile and of course get a hotel and start looking for apartments for which he would have needed a couple of months deposit...the guy was right after his self sponsored training and practically broke and pretty desperate

Then I read the propaganda of people like pilot999 and I can only laugh; but I can easily see lots of you have no reason for laughing at all.