PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cost Comparison of Integrated Courses
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2011, 01:49
M1ghtyDuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BoeingDreamer
Now if I spent the SAME MONEY, as you do with integrated, but chose to use the money example the Eagle Jet program, 737 TR + line training + 12 months contract with company for line training, I would end up with less cost total, I would have around 1100 - 1500 hours on a 737, and it would cost less then the integrated.
Modular with hour building approx. £35.000 + £35.000 for TR and 500 hours line training, then you get 12 months work, paid with free housing (EJ offer this) - say you get £3.000 a month, that's going to return you £36.000 in around 12 months, and you will have a total of maybe 1200 hours or more on type.
Although I fundamentally agree with you that Modular + TR and line training is a better choice than integrated for the same cost, I wonder what's this 12 months work after the eagle jet line training you're referring to? Are you immediately assuming you'd get a job? I see nothing on the eagle jet website about a paid position.

Edit* Never mind found it. I assume you mean the line training for pilots with a TR section, where the asian bases option comes with 12month guaranteed employment. Do you have any more details of this? I can't find anything more.

Last edited by M1ghtyDuck; 6th Mar 2011 at 01:59.