PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1999 UK ATPL(A) Exams: Theory credit still valid?
Old 5th Mar 2011, 11:08
covec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good afternoon, folks.

Here is the email that I received from EASA re the Thread Title. Good news.

I apologise if I am breaching any copyright in "re-transmitting" this email - in which case please delete!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your e-mail.

As it is stated in Article 4, paragraph 1. of Draft Opinion 04/2010 – Commission Regulation on Part-FCL (please see page 4 following the link: http://easa.europa.eu/ws_prod/r/doc/...20%28LW%29.pdf), national pilot licences, including any associated ratings, certificates, authorisations and/or qualifications, issued or recognised by a Member State in accordance with the JAA requirements and procedures before the entry into force of this Regulation, shall be deemed to have been issued in accordance with this Regulation.

This means that the UK CAA had been responsible for the acceptance of your national ATPL exams when they issued your JAR-FCL licence according to Appendix 1 to JAR-FCL 1.005.

Draft Commission Regulation on Part-FCL contains transition measures to ensure that JAR-FCL licences issued by Member States in accordance with JAR-FCL requirements will be automatically grandfathered.

Please note that the draft Opinion could be subject to further change as it passes through the European institutions for adoption.

Regarding the e-mail [email protected], there was a mistake in the word “europe”. The correct EASA's e-mail address is @easa.europA.eu.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any other questions.

Yours sincerely

Zuzana KAPUSTOVÁ
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps?

Thank you, Whopity & Cavallier - you were correct.

If there are any ATPL Groundschool guys out there - are you now happy that a "frozen" ATPL is valid whether the exams were UK or JAR?

Last edited by covec; 5th Mar 2011 at 11:19.