PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYR management tour bases
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2011, 07:29
Horsepowerrr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Damianik,

oh rostering is definitely an issue. And the roster is a big mess with some BRK people having 5 days standby, even several weeks in a row! Which means on the BRK contract you dont make a penny!
All 2500 pilots and their families are bleeding under the silly Leave system in RYR with the mandatory whole calendar month off. This squeezes more working days out of a pilot a year with him loosing out time off. But it works for RYR.
I worked in several companies before as well and indeed I never had 5/4 there, but thats about the only good thing in RYR, because the rest is not.

Apparently DOB was in HHN and although I wasnt there I understand he said the mandatory month off will stay because it is in the contract.
Funny enough more things are in the contract but for some reason these can always be changed easily if it works better for the company.

Also was said that the tax thing with Ireland and Germany is basically the pilots own fault.

About this by the way; Italy is busy to get all RYR and BRK pilots there on a Italian contract! I tell you, the tax thing is going to be a big mess, with pilots being taxed in several countries with both countries refusing to give you your tax back and let you pay in the other country. Rumour has it this is what Ireland will do as well in 2011. Madness! But what to do?

It is a fact the pilots in RYR make less money then before. But they work harder then in many other companies. I have friends in other airlines that make less money but looking at how much they work they relatively make more! Have more time off because they simply have less working days or shorter days. Personally I am approaching the same money as I made many years ago when I was still an FO in the company. Nothing gets better in RYR! Cant mention a single thing. Conditions and pay only go South.

I think a lot of pilots are waiting to see what RYR will offer this year and make a decision based on that. If nothing comes the pilots way except 2 or 3 lousy %'s it will make me leave for sure. And many with me, that's sure.

I have never seen moral so low in our base as it is lately with the operation being a mess, lack off respect for flightdeck crew seems lower than ever. And even RYR made a profit in the whole economical crisis as one of the very few airlines the pilots will have to turn in something again, as always.

All pilots are looking for other jobs with only a few being where they want to be so will put up with it all. RYR have a possible catastrophy on their hands also as 22 year old kids with 1500 hours and a cocky attitude can not be captains yet.

But look under the Ryanair Exodus topic for more of this.

We will see what happens.