PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA approves iPad as EFB
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2011, 09:56
FRQ Charlie Bravo

Location: ˙ǝqɐq ǝɯ ʇ,uıɐ ʇɐɥʇ 'sɔıʇɐqoɹǝɐ ɹoɟ uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɯɐu ɹıǝɥʇ ʇnd ǝɯos
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah... paper backups would be the obvious first fail-safe but if the whole point is to get away from relying on paper (including manually amending paper versions) then what backup?

Amendments are the bane of all pilots' existence and even backup paper copies need to be amended. Is this the answer?

Would I send my family on a flight some dark and stormy night knowing that Captain Chuckle's whole flight bag fits into one pocket in his cargo pants? Do I let my family fly with a pilot who wears cargo pants?

Hmm, for those of us still in GA-Land imagine rocking up to a Renewal with a 'seasoned' ATO and shooting an NDB referencing the iPlate (cheesy name that just rolled out of my head as I sit here eating my similarly cheesy yet salty Kraft iSnack 2.0) with a little moving aeroplane over the outbound and inbound reversal lines. If he chose to 'fail' your iPad it'd be like 'failing' your up-to-date DAPs or Jepps.

I don't even own an iPad but I'm already salivating over getting my hands on the new Reg / Order and playing "What If"... kind of like Dungeons and Dragons for pilots really.

Damn; I still don't know why don't I have any friends? (Other pilots do not count as friends.)

FRQ CB