PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing win $35Bn AAR contract
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2011, 19:26
Graybeard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Threads Merged? Not quite.

When I posted this yesterday on KC-X (merged) I mistakenly thought it had merged this string, too. I'll see if I can't delete it from the other thread, so as not to be (crossposting.)

Boeing Boondoggle: Pork Can Fly
Robert Scheer
Editor of Truthdig.com, Author, 'The Great American Stickup'
Posted: March 2, 2011 02:33 AM

Quote:
"The gift that keeps on giving" should have been the headline on the Pentagon's decision to award the Boeing Co. a $35 billion defense contract. Defense of the nation, of course, had nothing to do with it, since the end of the Cold War also ended the need for midair refueling of the nuclear-armed bombers intended to retaliate after a Soviet first strike, a scenario brought to the public eye in the 1964 movie Dr. Strangelove.

Indeed, at a time when drones seem to be bypassing the need for manned military bombers and fighters of any kind, and when schoolteachers and firefighters are being terminated across the country, the awarding of this long-delayed and always questionable military-industrial-complex scam is simply perverse...
The rest at: Robert Scheer: Boeing Boondoggle: Pork Can Fly
--------

When I wrote upstream from here that Second Best Won, I should have written: Second Worst Won.

GB