PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 3rd Mar 2011, 09:04
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

The length of the service can depend on many different factors. ie. time of day, daylight or night time and number of passengers. A half full cabin will be much faster that a full cabin!!

The club service on Worldwide is not good at the moment. The main meal is squashed and unappetizing ( the E/F club meals look far nicer) and the wine list is a joke. When I travelled as a passenger recently I was given the wine list and automatically wanted the wine I had just been told was not available today!! It's human nature!!

In the past the club tray and presentation has been a lot better and I am sure BA have received feedback from both our crews and our passengers about this. It takes time and a lot of investment to change a whole service completely and I am sure this will come about with our new department leader. It does always seem that our cabin service product often changes when a new head comes in.

Obviously the current Worldwide crew will be faster than our new Mixed Fleet crew, this is obvious because they are more experienced at present but I am sure that Mixed Fleet will catch up as they get used to this messy service. I am sure both sets of crew work to give our passengers a good service.

It is very easy for people to post unkind remarks on this forum about other departments and often they are untrue and not born up by the facts.

At the moment Worldwide cabin crew have the highest customer satisfaction scores in the premium cabins. For the month of December our Worldwide crew got a score of 92% of our premium passengers rated them exceptionally or very good. This was a higher score than both E/F and Mixed Fleet crews got. These figures are posted on the walls of the communication room, next to the CRC coffee shop for all of you to read.

Please can we deal with facts and not how you imagine our cabin crew perform. It is easy to take a dislike to a set of people and imagine that they may therefore not give good customer service but this is not born out by the actual facts sometimes.

Thanks C7xlg for that balanced view.

These are my own views and not those of my employer BA.