PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 17:51
JUAN TRIPP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cessnapete

Surely the CSD allocates cabin crew positions to the most suitable crew, taking into account past experience. Not just chosen by the senior crew at check in?

Ahhhhhh if only that happened. I'm afraid that once again Bassa/Amicus have 'insisted' over the years that all positions are allocated by seniority. Yes, in theory the CSD can allocate the positions themselves, but in all my years I can say that rarely happens. Only time I did it was when we had a large group of French speaking pax in Club and I 'asked' a French crew member if they wouldn't mind working in Club. On this occasion there was no problem, but I have had other times when this was turned down. Yes, I could have insisted but hey ho I didn't. Yes the power of Bassa was sitting on my shoulder

On the new mixed fleet, the SCCM chooses the crew positions. A good example of this was back in 2006 when BA wanted 'dedicated' duty free crew on longhaul to get potentially more sales. Bassa put that down as one of the issues for the 2007 strike. Oh yes, the crew has generally always come before the customer on Bassa's watch