PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accused ATA Pilots Pass Alcohol Test
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2002, 16:50
Diesel8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would seriously look into a lawsuit if I were any of those two pilots, certainly a public apology.

Sadly, even though TSA had improved the perfomance, not to mention that most do a great job, there are those who do not belong there. The person in question needs be reprimanded and kept away from pilots, period.

To many "security" workers seems to take delight in singling out pilots, why I shall not speculate on, but not sure I look forward to another 20 years or so of having my bag turned inside out, standing around in my stockings and removing my belt.

Have 15 years certifiable aviation employment, been finger printed, background checked numerous times, certainly more throrough than the people manning the scanners.

Sadly, the DOT, FAA and the TSA continue to drag their feet on Universal Acces Cards and the trusted traveller program. If the intrusions continue on this scale, I am afraid that eventually people will say enough is enough.

Once again, it goes to mention that the cowardly acts were perpetrated not by grandmothers and kids, but by a very narrow segment of the worlds population. Maybe its about time we call a spade a spade.

Just my two cents!