PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cost Comparison of Integrated Courses
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 09:17
BoeingDreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would verify the ctc, but have been told many of the terms via Oxfords programs.

First TR even for 9000, if your salary is 1200 a month, which I heard many Ezy pilots have in their first contracts, you are basically paying of your TR monthly from reduced salary.

As mentioned the raw price for TR is around 18000, your reduced salary is then not worth the difference in pay vs the actual TR cost.

At the moment today, to get placement is rather the exception than the rule, the most likely scenario at this moment is that you spend all that money, and afterwards looking for work at Tesco until things pick up.

Yardmaster, no reason to get upset and all childish, most modular guys have not had someone old their hand all their way, their paths might be different, but leads to the same. I did MCC with an Oxford student, and he was no better or no worse then me.

What I am trying to say is that the odds of getting a job does not justify the extra cost, the money is better spent on alternative ways of getting a job, as explained, which will increase your chances much more.

Having talked to real students from both Oxford and CTC, who completed all, the story is not so great will they try to keep their lives together and get on to the next step.
You are competing now with pilots without TR, but thousands of hours of experience via FIC and other air taxi jobs.
All the instructors I know have more then 1500 hours, and all looking to get airline jobs.

Going intergrated will improve your odds by about 2%, most will still not have a job when finish.