PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cost Comparison of Integrated Courses
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 02:45
giggitygiggity

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
ba038, it always does and it is probably my fault. The following is provided to help the OP see what the course may cost, not to further any intergrated vs modular debate...

I may well have been misinformed, but I have it on good authority that those who get a cadetship at Easyjet will pay between £8-9,000 for a type rating, which is considerably less than £35,000. On the downside, they are bonded for a period and are on a lower salary than the direct entry F/Os. But then again, they likely have 200hrs as opposed to the 1500 required on a normal application. I am guessing here, but I assumed that £8-9,000 is also the cost CTC charge those placed on a flexicrew contract. According to their stastics, so far this year, ctc have placed 88 students their advanced training programme (JOC/MCC/TR) which is surely very positive news.

I must admit that I am not at all knowledgeable on the OAA APP contract specifics, but as I understand, it's quite different to the terms and conditions offered on a ctc wings training contract. The difference is that CTC offer a cadetship with an airline placement scheme where as OAA do not offer this as such. According to their website, they offer some airline specific schemes with Qantas(?), Flybe and Jetstar, but not a more generic cadetship programme.