PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 1st Mar 2011, 22:33
PC767

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
Fruitbat - spite.

Let me join in. You are a pilot, BA? LH?

If so, are you one of those who I serve tea, coffee, OJ, apple juice, 1st espresso, hot water, cold water, Times, Daily Mail, Telegraph, anything else with a crossword, sandwich, club kitchen chocolate, hot meal, any thing left in first meal, nuts, cheese board (oh hang on thats gone), sort your crew purchase out, spare pillow for controlled rest and wake up your colleague from official rest. And clean up the first seat once you've finished your movie.

Forgive me for not pitying you, or questioning your bunk time. Forgive me for not bowing to your experience of operating the club cabin on world wide.

Despite the spite game, let me say in sincerety I apprieciate your role, your achievements, your hard worked for rewards and your hard fought t&cs. But this is a cabin crew thread for BA staff, and as BA cabin crew who works on LHR WW and operates the club cabin I maintain it is labour intensive and fiddly. Not unpleasant not mundane, not strenuous, not unenjoyable. Labour intensive, particularily when passengers cannot have meal choice No1, nor No2. Not when the wine list should be embroided with a 'Bullseye' Bully and a micro player inside reciting (in a Jim Bowen accent) 'look at what you could have had.' Not when the caterer meets Heston onboard and states 70% meal load for 100% occupancy. Its a challenge and I enjoy it, I would have trained to be a pilot otherwise!!

But it is labour intensive. Did I mention losing the CSD from the service while they placate Mr Gold in first whose seat is u/s (again).......