PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantaslink/eastern Pilots Stopwork
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2002, 12:47
positivegee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B55

I don't doubt what you have heard because I have heard similar.

I think this comment was made in relation to when there is a common seniority list for the QF Regionals.

My understanding is that when a new route is created that does not displace existing crews and routes, then this route would be open for bidding by all the QF Regional pilots on a seniority basis. This would be the case whether the new route was based in SYD, MEL, BNE or Timbuktoo. It is therefore possible that senior ex Southern pilots may be able to prevent a Sunstate pilot getting the slot even though it may be based in BNE. This also means that a Sunnies pilot could prevent an Eastern (ex Southern) getting a SYD job as well.

Remember, the individual Regional's don't own the routes, QF does and they can (as they have done already) put whatever pilots/aircraft where ever they want, on what ever route they want.

The only way to protect the Regional routes for the pilot group is by negotiation with QF. At the moment, the best looking solution is a combined seniority list that protects current route structures and pilot numbers and gives open bidding on a seniority basis on all new routes. This seems fair and gives everyone the opportunity to bid for a position on new, higher paying equipment.