PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cleveland Police go it alone!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2011, 11:01
props stopped

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back seat drivers I stand corrected

To the drivers and back seat drivers who have pointed out the error of my calcualations, I stand corrected. I will sit in the naughty corner and make the tea for the rest of the shift

From what I have been told the Chief and his councillor lackies around the large authority table up at Ladgate Lane are once again planning to pay more than expected in 2012.

They will be paying over £5m for 2011 with the units £2m running costs. Wright123 you were right

They had to add £0.5m last year when the EC airframe and PBH contracts were split into 2 seperate contracts courtesy of ECUK.

That took the cost of Cleveland Police going into alone rising from £800k as a 2008-9 NEASU consortium member (started at less than £400k in 1995) to the current £2m a year to cover the small "ex county" of Cleveland. Its now 4 seperate councils all paying into the Police pot.

The latest Claveland report states they are expecting to pay even more which means my council tax will have to go up AGAIN, as the gov has no money.

http://www.clevelandpa.org.uk/admin/...e%20Update.pdf
ITEM 3.6

"At present it is still believed that by joining the National Air Service, we would be paying £535,000 more than our present budget, for the first 4 or 5 years, and then £300,000 more than our present budget after that. It is also still the intention that we would operate only 20 hours per day, with cover from other forces in the North East."

As for JAFO and his new little handshake sign, I've come across agreed passengers before who used to say "look over there on the RIGHT 9'o'clock! yes they often didnt know their right from their lefts. But back to the thread again, intead of the bickering.

I'm still open to offers NPAS, but you may have to use a red pen on my calculations now and again

To thomas coupling, thank you for giving an accurate price for a new EC135p2 ;
"A new 135P2+ costs between 5.2 and 5.6 million fully equipped dependent on whether the final cost was protected against currency fluctuations
Some forces warranted against euro fluctuations and others failed to do so."

Last edited by props stopped; 1st Mar 2011 at 11:09. Reason: Added 135 cost from TC