PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Singapore Contract
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2011, 10:14
Anthill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reality Normasars and Rennurpp is that Greybeard, aside from being one of the best jet instructors that I have had the privilage to be trained by, has probably forgotten more about the operation of jet aircraft than you will ever know.

I am aware that he has type ratings (and experience!) on a variety of transport aircraft that reads like a history of post Korean war aviation. This includes Fokker (prop and F28 & F70/100s) wide body Boeings and wide body Airbus. He has also worked and flown on every continent on earth (except maybe Antarctic but then nothing would surprise me here). He has also trained and is highly regarded by pilots of maybe 30+ nationalities.

Anyone can fly a jet, few can do it really well. Guess what? Greybeard can fly a jet really well. He can also impart knowledge really well.

Wide-body aircraft are a special case operation that needs consideration of issues that are different to the challenges of narrow bodies. Having said that, most pilots who can fly a narrow body jet aircraft well can become good wide body operator with application.

In the same vein, long haul international is not the same as short haul but you just go further.

Many have embraced these perspectives and found egg on their face.

Perhaps a former Ansett standard of sim at Jetstar would help. The stories I hear from Jetstar checkers and trainers are third world standard of capabilities. Which means, you are easily replaceable

Wow! Got 'em in the goolies with that one. Ouch!!

Last edited by Anthill; 1st Mar 2011 at 10:31.