PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Single Pilot CRM
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2011, 21:28
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Frogbound

Like many, you forget that one can look up your past postings...

a man who was ignoring the fact that a GPS is not a navigational or approach panacea.
I used to fly a Citation 2 and a King Air around Europe single pilot and it was the hardest work I have ever done in aviation, especially in winter. At those times when everything speeds up and you are running out of hands/feet eyes and other parts I would have given many things to have a competent pilot sitting next to me to share the load.
So, tell us how you used to navigate in that CJ2? I assume you switched off the GPS-based RNAV kit and used a special CAA Approved Stopwatch. Had to be an BRNAV approved stopwatch, because BRNAV is mandatory FL095+, and GPS is the only practical means of BRNAV compliance in GA (and that includes a CJ2).

Now I fly SPIFR helicopters and mult-pilot aeroplanes around. Technology has moved on so far that the aeroplane would be quite simple to fly single pilot, until the systems start to fail. The helicopter has a full glass cockpit and an astonishing autopilot and makes mincemeat of serious IFR flying. but it is the equipment on board which allows that.
Of course, you switch it all off because your superior training means you don't need it.

Finally for Johns7022, I have flown a "zero/zero" approach in a 172. It was into London Heathrow on my nephew's FliteSim programme, just to prove to the little horror that a "real pilot" can do anything a play pilot can. Give me that 172 scenario for real and I will be first in the airport coffee shop.
and then you write

All of us had read advice on here which we thought wrong and in fact dangerous, on one occasion illegal as well
I would be very intersted to know the legal situation this forum could find itself in if someone follows some dodgy advice and kills themselves and others, one rather loud and overbearing member of my local flying club was actually told by the CFI to keep his mouth shut and his learned opinions to himself after one bar room lecture too many to an inexperienced PPL.
but you would happily break a load of regs flying a Cat 1 C172 into LHR in Cat3C conditions.

That was just from the 1st page of your contributions to knowledge, and I have better things to do than go through the rest.

If you can write something which is educational, please do so so we can all learn from it, otherwise keep your pompous stuff to Jet Blast and the other places you live in.