PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2011, 18:56
Bengt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another one here....

I think FR has kind of "secret weapon" they could use with a thriving effect. Starting a big PR campaign, like "The New Face of Ryanair". The same punctual, reliable and cheap carrier, but now more customer-friendly, caring. We'll offer now more pleasant experience (blah, blah), generally the better "treatment". It could do miracles, I guess. Worth trying, along with the better schedules (connections?), less deceptive booking system and a few more innovations - it could bring many pax more.
I could not agree more. A Ryanair 2.0 with the credit card charge eliminated and instead included in all prices (not only the campaign prices) as well as all taxes included in all prices (not only the campaign prices). Add to that a Low Fares Explanation and Declaration which should be shown clearly on the website as well as in all booking confirmations:
Why Ryanair offer you not only the lowest fares but now also the best value:
1. Ryanair do not print boarding cards, you do and you save. If not Ryanair will charge you €40 (or whatever it is now).
2. Checked in Luggage is not included. If you want to send luggage you need to book it in advance etc...
3. Ryanair sometimes uses other airports than the main airport. This is to cut costs which gives you lower fares
4. Ryanair strictly follows all legislation regarding consumer protection. When you travel with Ryanair you are still expected to handle unexpected circumstances on your own and later possibly claim it back if it is eligible. Ryanair recommends travel insurance for all travellers (link...)

The phrasing could be better but I really do believe that this really could improve Ryanair's image. Think of it as now a low price but honest company.

Actually this is not very far from what Ryanair is today in practice (well the credit charge and taxes are) but it is very far away in image. I believe it could increase the brand value in about the same way as Skoda has changed it's brand name over the last 10 years.
This is coming from another frequent Ryanair traveller who often flies from Sweden to Spain (and UK and France and....) often with a disabled child and frequently gets excellent service by friendly Ryanair personell.