PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 28th Feb 2011, 12:55
JUAN TRIPP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly happy to be back home after our yearly visit to see family. Luckily got Club both ways, as still have my FULL travel concessions Our longhaul flights on BA were fantastic. Not saying that because I work for them, far from it, but on both sectors the crew including both CSD's were exemplary. In fact the best we have had for years, and believe me I was not sure WHAT we were going to get. Well done. Had a couple of yellow/red pens come and have a look from the back - I just smiled,winked and raised my glass of bubbly ( Sorry but after all the c**p this past year, they deserved it!! )

So we have ANOTHER ballot. It will certainly be a 'YES'. But will Lenny and Dunc go for an actual strike. Probably as it coincides with Easter and the wedding. Too tempting me thinks. So KW has said that anyone going on strike next year will not get a bonus.This makes me think that BA are not going to dismiss any crew who are involved in an unprotected strike. Why say it then?

Seems to me that BA are playing the 'very long game' here, but personally my message to WW, KW and BF is, WE THE NON STRIKERS HAVE HAD ENOUGH. Don't please go all weak on us now. You have given the strikers a bonus ( they are laughing at you and us), so why let this carry on. If there is an unprotected strike, let it happen and then put them out of their misery. Remember its the rest of us ( thats ALL staff in BA) who have got you through all of this

Less crew
Mesmer

I also seem to remember in the not so distant past, there were 340 pax in M on a 744 (14F55J340M) this reduced with WT+ and new club and no reduction in crew.....

Good point

Yes and the same on EF as I keep reminding crew. The product even 10 years ago was much more and yet the crewing levals stayed the same until the 'imposition' in nov 09. As an aside, from my days on WW, I found half the problem was that the pursers weren't very proactive at helping in other cabins. EG On many occasions, we would be full in 1st and W/T, yet have say 20 pax in club ( out of 48 seats) with 4 crew. NEVER would the purser say to me as the CSD, I'm going to send one of my crew down the back to help straight away even though 3 of them could comfortably lokk after 20 pax. If I mentioned it, they would do it, but if I didn't, nothing would happen until the Club service was over.Its all about 'managing' the whole a/c. Interestingly, since going to 14 crew, my CSD friends on WW have said its actually brought the crew together more and that crew help without being prompted.

Last edited by JUAN TRIPP; 28th Feb 2011 at 13:08.