PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 28th Feb 2011, 00:55
Autobrake Low

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easy Betty Girl - the point most seem to be missing is that it does not matter if crew believe the level of service or product has deteriorated as a result of the 'one down'! That is nothing to do with their remit.
Management have their job and we have ours. They had to make decisions to steer the airline through the roughest patch of its life. Cutting costs was fundamental.
Have passengers left in droves?? No - the load factors are excellent and the company making small profits again. I would say they have done great job.
I got sick of hearing CC on the radio and reading in the papers how it was not about money but about the damage to the brand and the level of service - what utter rubbish.
Whats next - should CC choose what fleet of aircraft to buy next? Should management consult CC about what routes they would like to see on the network?
Of course not - there are very clever people and very clever procedures of examination that take care of that - nothing to do with our jobs at all.
I hastily add that I recognise very clever people work as CC but they would equally find it quite insulting if a financial analyst from waterside was travelling as a pax and told them they were doing their job wrong!!!