PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX vs EK
Thread: CX vs EK
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2002, 07:05
druckmefunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DTP
You are quite right in your comments about how the company has supported everyone (to my knowledge) that has had a medical problem. On this point i have no dispute and in fact take my hat off to the way that it has been handled in most cases. My comments were more toward the fact that ever since i have been here, conditions have been slowly eroded. This is not new nor unique in our industry. But it does show that we (our company) are probably no different to any of the other big airlines who are battling to keep costs down. I would say that the currently proposed changes to extra duty pay (training, crm etc) and the loss of the travelling allowance associated with some of these duties would be a case in point. As i mentioned we are generally a content bunch here (me included) just dont be fooled that our management is any better than most. On the other hand i believe our owners are terrific. I just think that there is a little lost between them and us.

Cheers
P.S You will notice in my previous "unsophisticated" post, that i did not lower myself to personal insults. But i guess i can only work toward achieving your level of sophistication.

Last edited by druckmefunk; 9th Sep 2002 at 07:15.