PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2011, 16:41
BFS101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 70m + pax that booked FR last year were obviously happy to pay what they paid.
Obviously some people love FR and others not so much. I have used FR in the past and probably will again, if substantially cheaper than the alternative, or the only direct option available.

However this statistic keeps coming up and up, as quoted above. Who says that these 70m + passengers are happy. Many may have no option but to fly FR for convenience. How many are indifferent, or don't particularly like FR but put up with them?? As an example, how many people shop in Aldi or Lidl, as they feel they have no other option, but would prefer M&S or Waitrose. How many Aldi shoppers actually like or enjoy shopping there? People shop in Primark, would they prefer All Saints or Selfridges if all things were equal??

If passengers have an awful experience, they may avoid FR in the future, but that still leaves those who find the product indifferent or poor, but simply tolerate it for convenience / price, or like I mentioned, have no real alternative. The 70m+ happy flyers, I think is a very misleading statistic.