PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SDSR versus Real World Events
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2011, 15:17
hval

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Nurse,

Thank you for your posting; I found the politicians comments interesting. Am not sure if you believe the politicians or are cynical as I am. A few points: -

1/ Do you actually believe the politicians? Every single one of them has, and is (irrespective off political affiliation) proven to be liars, whether outright, by omission or misdirection.

2/ Yes we may have Type 45 destroyers and possibly we will get two aircraft carriers (no aircraft and one to be sold, so we actually will have one) etc. What he omits is that we don't and wont have enough of anything. Also look at the reduced hours of everything. Less flying training allowed, less ships at sea. Oh yes ships at sea without weapons as well. I could go on. Basically we have an over stretched armed forces, with old, tired equipment in the main, not enough of it, and what is new, not enough and over used.

3/ Weren't the government lucky with HMS Cumberland? A ship that is being scrapped saves the day? (tongue in cheek)

I am so saddened by the fact that politicians seem to be incapable to understand that our nations sovereignty and security are paramount - above and beyond any other costs - and that includes bankers continued wealth, a hugely expensive, inefficient NHS and Civil Service.

Hval