PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Exam failure
Thread: Exam failure
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2011, 11:22
BoeingDreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you might rethink your goals instead!
Don't get me wrong, don't want to discourage you, but is it flying you really want to do?
Or is it something you think sounds cool for your friends?

Because to be honest, doing other school work is not a good excuse, aviation at this time/level should be your number one hobby, it should be fun. You should love every minute of it now.
If not, it is not for you, that is the blunt answer.

I studied for my A-levels and doing my PPL at the same time, first time around I had to do all my PPL exams in one day (in Norway), and if did not pass that day, I would have to come back to redo in 3 or 4 months.
So it is feasible.
20 years later, to be able to start my ATPL's, I had to redo all my PPL's in 2 months, having a new born baby, a business - a bit easier, because was only one exam at a time, spent 1 week to prepare for each exam.

What you have to do, is to have a good look at yourself, and ask yourself if you have the passion for this as you should have before you commence further on your journey!
The ATPL's will be very much harder, so if you struggle with basic PPL find out why. Could it be that you simply lack motivation, or you think that becoming a pilot is cool job, becoming a pilot is not a job, it is a passion and lifestyle! For better and for worse!