PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 27th Feb 2011, 09:25
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

That's a very good post Flaps80.

I try and explain to people daily that you get polarised opinions on these forums and the reality on my flights is that most crew get on fine, both flight crew and cabin crew, and you get all sorts of points of view from both sides of the door.

There are obviously some crew that are very pro bassa and very upset still but the vast majority are very normal people that just want an end to it and unfortunately believed their union and striked as a result and it is human nature that it is hard, for them, to admit that what they did was a mistake! You see to justify going on strike, they have convinced themselves that BA has treated them badly and it is hard to admit, to yourself, that you were wrong.

Even myself, as a non striker, am not happy with how M/F has been implemented and I also worry about the future of my own job, so it is not all black and white, like many posters on here see it. I am afraid!!

However slowly but surely crew are starting to realise that it was a mistake to strike and that Bassa will not get them out of this mess and support is starting to drop!

The tide is changing, I am sure.