PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 27th Feb 2011, 06:42
Eddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MFCREW
It is pro-rated - and why shouldn't they get it?
It's pro-rated based on part time but we should also consider the huge chunk of the year that our striking colleagues delighted in proclaiming the massive impact on forward bookings that their industrial action was having. And, of course, the period of the year when the strikes actually took place.

Yes, everyone who works for BA contributed to the cost cutting but there's a group who negated their own efforts when they walked out on strike.

Unite and BA claim that the strikes cost something in the region of £120m. Forgive me, but there's no way that the 4,000 or so of you who actualy went on strike saved that much over the rest of the year.

As always, I applaud them for having stood up for their beliefs but I also don't think it's fair that they get the same as I get when bonuses (bonii) are dished out.

MFCrew, I'm not bitter. Not in the least. As I've said countless times before, I have the utmost respect for our colleagues who went on strike (the majority of them, atleast, who conducted themselves in a dignified manner). I just don't think it's fair that those of us who have backed BA year round get rewarded to the same level as those who didn't. But Keith has addressed this.