PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 91 Year Old Spitfire Pilot Needs Your Help
Old 26th Feb 2011, 23:53
Odigron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is, in my opinion, a little too much in the way of aggressive posting going on, from all (both) sides. I would like to request that we all take a small breather and calm down.

I don't like the way that Alec or his property have been treated. I also don't like the abuse that RAF Benson's personnel have been subjected to in this thread.

Alec's property should have been looked after - it seems that it wasn't! I understand the posts that desire an inquiry to identify what went wrong, so that it might be prevented in the future, but, I don't fully comprehend the logic that blames RAF Benson, as a whole, for the loss. Taking that approach to its, in my view, logical conclusion would suggest that the Service and anyone in it, is to blame or that HM Forces and everyone in it is to blame; I guess if that was the case, then most of the posters on this thread are at fault - I'm sorry, but I don't buy that argument.

For ex members of the Service, please don't assume that the powers and freedoms available to Station Commanders in your day still exist today.

Alec fought for his country, there are personnel at RAF Benson that are doing the same right now - let's please not forget this fact or be abusive to either.