PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 26th Feb 2011, 22:58
MFCREW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't believe these people are getting a bonus. I can't believe it.

We are rewarding the very people who put in jeopardy the prospect of every other person in the company [entitled to the bonus] actually getting it.
Why not? they contributed toward the profit didnt they?

£400.00 is a hefty chunk of money and I'm delighted to be getting it. But that those who have sent me nasty messages by text and on FacePPRuNe, those who chanted intimidating messages at me (indirectly) as I drove past them on the picket line during the strikes and those who put on such a disgusting display during their silly marches and open-top sightseeing tours to the high court are getting it too.... annoys the almighty crap out of me.
And your point is?

This bonus is awarded - or should be awarded - for supporting the company in cutting costs, resulting in a certain level of profit. As I see it, though they may have done so for part of the year, those who went on strike and supported the industrial action didn't back the company for the full year. So it should either be pro-rated or not paid at all (and my vote is with the latter).
It is pro-rated - and why shouldn't they get it?

Eddy - you would be far better off trying to find out why a striker got the job of CSM whilst you didn't - after all you backed BA and according to your own line of thinking - they have "kicked you in the testes' more than once.