PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Single Pilot CRM
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2011, 22:53
silverknapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IO540

The general tone of your postings always seems to dismiss professional pilots as being far inferior to your good self and needing the high levels of training they receive because they have all been trained incorrectly to start with and are all robots anyway.
Whilst I have met many who do indeed fulfil your criteria, I have met many who are exceptionally good operators, always strive to improve and have a level of knowledge and awareness I have never yet seen in someone who only flies a couple of hundred hours a year.
I read a lot of your postings and enjoy them. You are clearly knowledgable and informed. And the flying you do is serious stuff.
On this subject though your prejudice against all things airline is tainting your ability to have a balanced view.
IMHO CRM training is even more relevant to the private pilot as to the multi crew airline person. You are on your own, no one watching to give ideas to improve your operation which you just wouldn't have thought of and now you know them they seem perfectly obvious.
The private 'serious' pilot often travels for business purposes and has a lot of external influences on them bar the operation of the aircraft.

To get back to the point don't dismiss it too readily. A lot of far far more experienced guys than yourelf take something out of every CRM day they do. There can always be some grumpy old bugger who thinks he doesn't need to be there. Although thankfully increasingly less nowadays. Please don't let that be you, for your own sake. There are many reasons the accident rate is usually on a downward trend in commercial aviation. Courses like this are one such reason.