PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 26th Feb 2011, 10:41
MrBernoulli

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
galanjal:
my gripe will always be with a managment who have stripped away my ability to deliver a premium service to my customers
Miss BA:
With regards to us not being able to deliver to our customers, again I agree with you, however, its not just a BA thing, its happening all over service industry. Cuts here, cuts there, welcome to the New World.
The irony is that the high costs of many of BA's cabin crew, plus the utterly inefficient BASSA-inspired processes for using those crew, has meant BA has had less money to spend on the service delivered to customer!

Human Factor:
Alternatively it could be an extremely simple formula. If you were on strike for seven days or more, perhaps you get nothing.
It may just be a little more subtle than "on strike for seven days or more". When BA crew went on strike for, say, a single day, BA removed them from their rosters and informed them that as they had willingly made themselves unavailable for work, BA would decide when they would be re-rostered i.e. strikers wouldn't necessarily get their next rostered duty. This meant that someone who thought they were only striking for one day actually lost out on work (and commensurate pay and allowances) for more than that, as BA filled their next rostered position with a volunteer or a non-striker. Consequently, the pro-rated days for loss of bonus eligiblity has the potential to encompass far more of the strikers than they themselves realise! 'Officially' striking for just one day may actually be interpreted by BA as several days unavailable for work, depending on when an individual striker actually next turned up for duty!