PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2011, 09:13
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FR/W5/Charter

FR

The Girona Monday went off-sale the day after the announcement by FR stating that the base was going to be reduced.

It was always going to be the Monday flight, as it was operated by a GRO based aircraft. I was hoping for summer the Tue/Th/Sa gap in schedules would be filled by Barcelona for summer but I suppose there is little point in having GRO/REU and BCN.

The last time I looked GRO on Mondays operates during April.

I am still amazed that there are still gaps in the BHX schedules from late March although to be fair BMI Baby don't operate their three aircraft on a full schedule to late May and similar with flybe. Not so with Monarch Schedule who actually operate more flights in April than May.

Mahan

Posted on another site and if it does happen then the best BHX can hope for is a reduction in services but I too fear for the service. I can't see pax flying to Tehran, then to Delhi and then a car/train/taxi to Amritsar.

IT traffic (not Kingfisher!!!)

At present there is a very healthy looking Travel Service schedule, mainly for Olympic and if these actually show up it should help stem the losses. However it all seems very ambitious and a similar things happened last year and the flights eventually disappeared.

Also if the extra Monarch aircraft as rumoured turns up then this would also provide a big capacity increase, alas that just seems to be a rumour.

Pete