PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 25th Feb 2011, 19:09
flybymerchant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Fight on brother!

PC767 wrote....
I still have to forego fundamental rights
...tee hee!! Genius!

Yes.....I hear they're talking about FORCING us to take a bonus.....oppressive bstards!

Representatives elected and paid good money on top of their BA salary by BA Cabin Crew have bluntly and selfishly refused to modernise and compromise even a little on their inefficient and inflexible working practices for so long, whilst standing idly by, watching their fellow employees give, give and give some more to keep OUR company profitable.

This is the uncomfortable truth as to why it is the best rewarded group in the entire airline per productive hour and why it is nothing short of outrageous to suggest your ts&cs couldn't use a little trim, being the most generous in the entire industry (that's worldwide), costing our company SO much money that yet again I had to take a paycut this year (9% infact!), and my terms and conditions have been eroded, again, and I'm working harder too, to help our company survive and compete....oh and of course to bankroll your refusal to help keep our company afloat, or even take your foot of its head, when faced with bankruptcy (verified by independent accountants (ones funded by all the other unions who could be bothered to look at the company's confidential accounts before threatening to ruin the livelihoods of 35,000 unrelated employees by inflicting protracted and totally unjustifiable industrial action)).

Also, you wrote....
The problem is Op Colombus came to light whilst we were making record profits.
This observation should lead you to the glaringly obvious fact that BA Cabin Crew costs and inefficiencies have been a very large and very heavy millstone around BAs neck for many many years. This is not a recent problem; just because previous weak CEOs didn't have the bottle to take on the hissyfitters doesn't mean it wasn't always a big issue.

It was only the very real and provable threat of potential extinction that spurred the management into what they knew would turn out to be a bitter and entrenched fight with some of its most easily replaceable employees.

All this kicked off, let's not forget, over working ever-so-slightly harder FOR THE SAME MONEY, BENEFITS, PENSION AND Ts & Cs, losing one cabin crew member on a 747, from 15 to 14, but getting the CSD out of their office to cover any shortfall which may arise over the course of a 10 hour flight....well boo-frickety-hoo....hardly the 9% pay-cut the rest of us are seeing in our monthly take home and certainly not against anyone's 'fundamental rights' for goodness sake.

Incidentally, if this minor change has saved the company the required £127,000,000 how much do you think all the other massive inefficiencies and ridiculous payments cost BrUtish Airways each year?! The mind boggles!