PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 25th Feb 2011, 18:03
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

This morning I got on an aircraft that had just been brought in by the Captain and when I told him about the profit sharing, as I knew he had been on a night stop and had not heard, the first thing he said was 'pull the other one' and when I said 'No Really we are all getting profit share' his exact words were 'I guess this means that the fight for survivals is over then'

My point is that many people within the airline are surprised by this profit.

I think that we have got a bad time ahead particularly with the Libyan and Middle Eastern situation and the future cost of fuel and I am personaly glad that BA have had the forethought to protect our future and make these savings but it is more than just Bassa supporters that are wondering whether ' Our fight for Survival' was really just a handy way to get many cuts through.

Obviously, without these savings and efficiencies, we would not have made any profit.

I don't think it is fair though for people to knock people because they are Bassa supporters for having this view, when I actually think it is a view held by many BA staff, whether right or wrong, in many different departments throughout BA.

These are my personal thoughts and not those of my employer BA.

Last edited by Betty girl; 25th Feb 2011 at 18:29.