PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The new Carbon Tax and off-shoring of aircraft
Old 25th Feb 2011, 17:57
breakfastburrito

Location: On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone is zero
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Normally I find myself disagreeing with TBM-Legend, but on this I back him 100%. This is a scam of monumental proportions, a redistribution of wealth, and no, I don't think many on this board will be on the winning side of this trade.

If you want to follow the history of the environmental movement, it is stems from the mid 60's. Con-incidentally, "The Report From Iron Mountain" was released at the same time. It basically called for, among other things the threat of or actual ecological disaster to control the masses in times of peace. This report has been also been derided as the "Most Successful Literary Hoax." Wikipedia supplies background material on this document.
There are numerous other analysis of the document around the web, for example this one.

To consider the current state of play & where we may be heading with the environmental movement, it is worth investigating & considering these tantalizing "hints" from the past. It would be unwise to simply dismiss it as a hoax. Read the report, pick up a newspaper & compare the two, it may send a chill down your spine.