PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 25th Feb 2011, 16:44
Noonday Gunn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PC 767

What rights have you given up? My view is that striking is a right and not an obligation. I also feel that the particular section of Unite that you refer to has done a good enough job of "busting" it's own existence. A union should represent the views of its members not impose a mindset upon them.

I have received my first payslip with my 3% pay rise this month. Sure, with inflation running at around 4% it equates to a 1% cut in real terms. A small price to pay when I consider what is happening to people with jobs in other parts of the economy. Then again when I add in the money I save from not paying Unite I am just about on the same real income as I was before the GFC began. Not bad all things considerecd.

How have your rights and your union maintained your spending power? If you used natural gas to heat your home this winter for example would you have continued to pay the bill if the gas didn't heat your home?