PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What propeller to go for with Rotax 912S
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2011, 00:35
Ultra long hauler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still in a bind………..

Originally Posted by Rod1
From memory the PV50 prop is about 4000 Euro and the CSC-1 is around £300. The ground adjustable Ecoprop is around 1700 Euro. Both are popular in Europe on the Rotax 100hp.

Rod1
Okay, the Ivoprop arrangement comes down to $2.500,- all inclusive.
Those are Dolares Americanos.
Any arguments why the PV50 would beat the Ivoprop………perhaps?
I´m looking for in flight adjustable……..because of the great variety of altitudes we fly (land & take off) in one single trip.

Originally Posted by Winhern
It might be worth sending an email to Brooklands Engineering:
[url=http://www.sywellaerodrome.co.uk/engineering.php]Sywell Aerodrome - Brooklands Engineering
I managed to write them, but they don´t seem to be in the greatest of hurries to come back to me…….yet. Can you help out, perhaps?

Originally Posted by patowalker
ULH,
I would check out what prop Aero Andina and Can-Zac fit to their ready to fly aircraft, as they would have tested various models before settling on the best compromise between performance and price for that airframe/engine combination.
American props will probably be considerably cheaper than European ones for you.
Done, I´m presently clearing some misunderstandings with Aerobravo about legal limits with regards to LSA etc……..hopefully this will yield something.
Will keep you posted.
Oh and bu the way: prize wise the "Gringo props" seem the ones to go for, fully agree with ya!

Can-Zac is quiet……………they haven´t emerged from periscope depth just yet.
I´ll keep trying to contact them.

ULH,

I don't know the present price of the Varia, but you might like to contact Woodcomp.

Even though I was pleased with the Varia on the Zenair, when I built my SportCruiser I decided to go for this ground adjustable prop.
ON GROUND ADJUSTABLE PROPELLER ? TYPE KLASSIC 170 - WOODCOMP

It just seemed to me that the added weight and cost of a VP prop was not worth the difference in performance that they can make on an LSA.
Since we may take off at sea level and land at 4.000m in the morning and vice versa in the afternoon……….I´d like in flight adjustable.
Where you fly, I guess it´s not like that.
I guess it´s all about having the right tool for a specific job.

ULH,
My flying in Ecuador has been mostly in hang-gliders launching off Pichincha and as a pax in TAME Caravelles on the UIO/GYE route. If it was raining in Quito, they deployed a parachute to assist braking on the wet runway.
Hang gliding in Pichincha……….I haven´t had that pleasure just yet!
Deploying a Parachute at UIO will hopefully be in the past with the new airport in……..??????? Hopefully 2012???????
The longest runway in Latin America, I think--> still high up though!

I really appreciate your feedback everybody……….you all seem to know a lot more than I do, so please keep it coming!!!

###Ultra Long Hauler###