PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IRAQ or ZIMBABWE
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2002, 16:13
SASless

Received 561 Likes on 230 Posts
250 jet pilots in the UK Mob.....Royal Navy get involved....seems the desire to whup up on the Zims might be more from a desire to fight a midget than to stepping up to a real dustup with an opponent that can stay a few rounds longer than the midget.

As I recall the Brits got a real case of the snits when UDI was declared and turned their backs on the Rhodesians when they were fighting the communists. The American government was even more stupid for doing the same out of support to our stalwart allies the Brits. Now here we are all these years later, the communists are now in power, screwing it up big time, and the UK Forces wish to sort out Black Bob and his gang rather than take on the Iraqi's.

Go figure? Both countries are soverign nations. Neither have attacked any military, civilian, or political person, place or thing belonging to the US or UK.....and the uniformed mafia of the UK wants to invade Zimbabwe and divest that nation of a lawfully elected leader.

Don't we sound just a bit hypocritical here....you argue against the American concern with the potential harm that could come from Saddam Hussein having significant weapons of mass destruction but are ready and willing to get after Black Bob and company. What is the worst danger Black Bob can pose to the US and UK? What is the greatest risk that Saddam could pose to the US and UK?

But then, Peace was at hand in '39 , right chaps? You blew the damn bugle then....and expected everyone to come running and have complained ever since how long it took the Americans to show up.....shoe is on the other foot this time!

Why is it Jacko....that to join the US is evil....but the other way around is duty? As I recall, you felt we got our just deserts at the WTC....and a year later as the shooting war against the terrorists continues....with US troops engaged all over the world...we continue to read this drivel about how wrong the Yanks are. Maybe it will take the eqivalent of a WTC attack in London before you guys wake up to the necessity of going after the bad guys in their home turf rather than waiting for an attack on Picadilly. I sure hope it isn't a suitcase nuke or some nasty little virus or pestilence that will make your plague epidemics look like a case of the sniffles.

This may be about oil....maybe that is why we have so many of our forces stationed in the UK and Europe....but then if we were after oil only....why Jacko....you would have to defend yourselves and I don't think 250 fighter pilots could do it if for instance the Spanish get serious over Gibraltar.....I guess you could always trade Wales for Gib. I am so glad the US forces were able to assist the British forces in Afghanistan....a splendid victory there.....hope we learned something from watching the UK forces in combat.....you guys being the lead units in the fight against terrorism and all. I know you guys were tied up in the Oman and all....and couldn't spare the troops.

George W. may not be the great communicator....Lord knows he isn't....but so far he has produced the results. When you guys get your mess in Northern Ireland sorted out ,then you can tell the Yanks how to take care of business. Until then, join up, join in, or stand back and watch......but don't play cute while the fight is on. You had British citizens killed in New York too. In my view that makes you a party to the action.

If Blair and Bush make their case....you guys going to sign on for the campaign?