PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iran: UAE evacuation plan.
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2011, 10:31
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to go with option 2 & 3.

If it does kick off , i'll send the family out early (option2) for their own safety. At the most, we should all know within a few weeks whether that was the right decision or not and if it's safe for them to come back. A fortnight's break is no big deal.

I'll stay (option 3) and start working my way through what has become a mini liquor store, built up over many years courtesy of duty free shops, MMI, A&E and illegal booze runs. To assist me, a visit each evening to Rattlesnakes to 'buy' a couple of like minded drinking partners to give me a hand, so to speak.

This will also ensure that whatever cash I did have invested in the UAE banks earning cock all interest, is now reinvested into a PEP. (Pissed Enlisted Prostitute) My self managed PEP is slightly different to the UK ones in that mine has bugger all to do with tax avoidance and focuses entirely on stock selection. Choosing tasty performing International stocks is half the fun while the other half is watching their 'performance' develop overnight. China is currently cheap to get into whilst most Russian stock is often overpriced. Kazakstan may offer the best of both Worlds with a few underated examples offering short term potential. A quick exit strategy may be required here due to higher risk potential. Whatever you end up picking, it's similar to many other 'investments' here in Dubai in that you're guaranteed to get screwed whatever you invest in. The only difference with this scheme is that you actually enjoy the experience. Excellent performing Funs may tempt you to invest in regular deposits but this should be avoided at all costs. Stock selection should be based entirely on cold hard economics and sentiment should never cum into it. Most investment vehicles perform better after a making a large deposit but this is not always guaranteed!

Now, who fancies meeting up at clock roundabout this Saturday, say 4pm? Remember to bring plenty of things to throw and don't forget a few flags to wave about.

Harry

Warning. 1) Past performance is no guarantee of future performance.
2) Your 'investment' may go down as well as up.
3) Hopefully it will, quickly and often!