PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 22:11
MUFC_fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sorry MUFC, Shed's post outlined the issues well in the Middle East, however the issues that face China over the next few years should be equally of concern and not dismissed lightly.
What do you mean? I completely agree with Shed. The Arab World crisis is going to cause serious problems but I'm on about economic strategy in two countries: UAE and China. If there was to be an 'uprising' or whatever in either of these two states, especially in UAE they own a significant amount of the world's markets; whether it be oil, corn, buildings, land etc etc. This will still be owned by the state or whatever that may be. Many of those billions are invested in the west where as Shed rightly says, suffers less from food price increases.

Sovereign funds do fail as we have seen - but not those worth in the '000s of billions. Just like banks - they're too big to fail.

In my view, QR twice daily is fab news for MAN, This, added to the already advertised 10X weekly by EY plus the EK and Singapore flights prove that there is a long-haul market from N England that isn't / doesn't want to route from LHR.

This, added to the onward connections via FRA, AMS, ZRH, CDG etc exposes BA's misguided view that all long haul from the UK has to go from LHR / LGW.
Where the hell does BA and LHR come into this?! I'd consider transferring at LHR similar to that of CDG; AMS or FRA - from MAN it is little different!

Why don't we just put LHR in that category of European megaports. Why do we have to single LHR out? It's not spite is it?